Episode 10: “Should You Pursue an Advance Degree or Certification?”
Co-Hosts Tywauna Wilson, Lona Small, and Stephanie Whitehead discuss the pros and cons of advance degrees and certifications for medical lab professionals.
Key Takeaways from the show:
- Common degrees and certifications obtained by laboratorians
- Proof that you have competency in a particular field
- Exposure to new field of interest.
- Specializing in a particular field of interest.
- Sometimes no pay increase
- May not have the opportunity to use in your role
- May not be known or recognized by your employer
- Difficulty finding career advancements
What Advanced degrees or certifications do you have? What has been the benefits in having them?
Be a Supporter!Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, iheart radio or your favorite podcast platform
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so that you never miss a show!
Be sure to leave a comment, and share with a fellow medical laboratory professional!
Be a Guest!If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please submit the guest interest form on DirectImpactbroadcasting.com located under the contact tab.