Episode 11: Make a Great First Impression By Increasing Your Business Email Etiquette
As Medical Laboratory Professionals, professionalism in the workplace is necessary for success. While many focus on verbal professionalism, it also includes using the proper business etiquette when communicating with colleagues, clients, and clinicians by via email. As the world becomes increasingly digitized, email etiquette is becoming an essential skill for any successful professional.
In this episode, co-host, Tywauna Wilson, gives us practical reminders to enhance the way we are perceived via email.
1. Use a Professional Email Address
2. Use a Professional Greeting: Start off your email with a professional greeting such as “Dear [Name],” or “Good morning/afternoon [Name].”
3. Use Proper Spell Check: Always make sure to double-check that you have used proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation throughout your email. Limit the use of Acronyms, abbreviations, and jargon
4. Keep It Short and Concise
5. Be Courteous
6. Use Appropriate Signatures: Include an appropriate signature at the end of your emails with your contact information, such as your name, title, company, and address.
7. Use “To” “Cc” and “Bcc” appropriately when sending to multiple people
We would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or any of the episodes from this season: Video Review
Connect with Coach Tee Wilson
To connect with Tywauna for more on this and other leadership and personal development topics, visit: TywaunaWilson.com or connect with her on LinkedIn for the invitation to join the Trendy Elite Leadership Tidbits Community, where you can learn, grow and develop in the area of leadership, career, and personal development.
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
- Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!