Episode 16: Innovative Solutions to the Challenges facing our laboratories (Featuring Nicole Colby)
Nicole Colby MLS(ASCP)cm, SBBcm, SCcm is an accomplished laboratory professional who’s passion for educating others has helped her make a lasting impact within the laboratory industry.
In this enlightening episode, Stephanie Whitehead chats with Nicole about her laboratory journey and how she is using her current role at COLA to help advocate and educate the laboratory community. Overall, this episode provides valuable insight into the laboratory industry and the important role that organizations, like COLA, and dedicated professionals, like Nicole, play in ensuring quality patient care.
Key topics discussed in this episode include:
- Nicole’s background and how she got started in the laboratory industry
- Her work with COLA, a non-profit laboratory accreditation organization, and how the organization helps laboratories maintain quality and compliance in their operations
- The challenges facing the laboratory industry, including staffing shortages and increasing regulation, and how COLA is working to address these issues
- Advice for aspiring laboratory professionals and the importance of continuing education and networking opportunities in the field
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to learn and connect from us!
Connect with Nicole using:
Special Gues Bio:
After graduating from the University of Kansas, Nicole accepted a position as a lab tech at York Hospital in York, Maine. During the twelve years at York Hospital, she filled the role of Chemistry Specialist and learned about the various regulations in the laboratory field. As her knowledge grew, she realized her passion for educating others in her field So In 2017, she left the hospital laboratory for COLA where she worked as a surveyor, improving the quality of laboratories and the skills of those she meets. Currently, she is filling the role of Technical Training Specialist, and is responsible for the education of all COLA Technical Staff, as well as assisting with the creation of tools to educate laboratorians as a whole.
Connect with Stephanie Whitehead
To connect with Stephanie for more on this and other leadership and personal development topics, click on the link above.
Join Team #eLABorate and connect with us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: eLABorate Topics Group and give us your feedback!
Podcast Call to Action
We would love to feature YOU!!!
Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
3. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
4. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
5. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.