Episode 2: “Is This Right? 4 Practical Steps To Making Confident Decisions In The Lab”
When you think about difficult decisions that take you out of your comfort zone, it can really be emotionally trying whether you are on the bench or in a supervisory role. You may rely on your intelligence until you realize that intelligence and good decision-making don’t always go hand in hand. Even the smartest people can make decisions that they are not confident about.
Whether you make a decision or not, you are still making a decision. Having the confidence to make a decision can benefit you, our patients, your team, and your family in many ways.
In this podcast episode, you’ll discover four steps that will increase your confidence in making difficult decisions:
Step #1 – Weigh the alternative
Step #2 – Consider the outcome
Step #3 – Limit the advice you take (Evaluate the source of the information)
Step #4 – Think outside your comfort zone
The key to increasing your confidence is to find a balance between thinking and acting. the more you practice, the easier it gets.
- How can I make decisions with more confidence?
- What can I do to ensure I find a beneficial balance between thinking about a decision and making a choice.
Call to Action
WE would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
- Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!