Episode 26: “Am I Developing a Team That Will Last?”
According to a study by the Harvard Business Review, more than two-thirds of people who leave their jobs do so because of an ineffective leader. The study also found that poor leadership was the number one reason employees quit their jobs. Ineffective leaders can have a negative impact on employee morale, productivity, and creativity. As a leader, you have the power to create a positive leadership culture where potential leaders flourish. If you create that environment, then people with leadership potential will learn, gain experience, and come into their own.
In today’s episode, Tywauna Wilson shares 12 power tips to help managers create a team with high retention and strong leadership.
Power tips for creating high retention and strong leadership environment:
- Place high value on people
- Commit resources to develop people
- Place a high value on leadership
- Look for potential leaders
- Know and respect your people
- Provide your people with leadership experiences
- Reward leadership initiative
- Provide a safe environment
- Grow with your people
- Draw people with high potential into your inner circle
- Commit yourself to developing a leadership team
- Unleash your leaders to lead
- Am I committed to creating a team with high retention and strong leadership
- Am I growing with my people?
Call to Action
WE would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Connect with Coach Tee Wilson
To connect with Tywauna for more on this and other leadership and personal development topics visit: TywaunaWilson.com or connect with her on LinkedIn for the invitation to join the Trendy Elite Leadership Tidbits Community where you can learn grow and develop in the area of leadership and personal development.
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
- Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!