Episode 36: “From The Pit of Failure To Making A Global Impact”- Behind the Scenes with Tywauna Wilson
In this special behind the bench, Co-hosts Lona Small and Stephanie Whitehead, interview Tywauna Wilson about her journey to laboratory leadership and her impactful work in the Cincinnati/Dayton, OH communities. She discusses failing forward and the lessons she learned from early career failures to her proudest laboratory moment of training medical laboratory scientists in Rwanda, Africa.
- Failure isn’t final. It’s a setup for a great comeback
- Great leaders make an impact
- It doesn’t matter how you start but how you finish
- Tips for new managers…. ask questions and get to know each member of your team
- Define success for yourself
- Invest in your personal development… it’s the best asset that you have
- With a degree in the field, you can do anything. You just have to be open and flexible with your career path
To connect with Tywauna ‘Coach Tee Wilson’ for more strategies or join the monthly leadership roundtable, find her on LinkedIn at Tywauna Wilson, visit SomeLeadersWearLabCoats.com, or join the Tidbits w/Coach Tee Wilson Facebook group.
Be a Supporter! Listen on DirectImpactBroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast or your favorite podcast platform.Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so you never miss an episode! Be sure to leave a comment, and share with a fellow medical laboratory professionals!
Be a Guest!If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Direct Impact Broadcasting on Social Media.