Episode 39: Wellness & Diversity: A Renewed Focus on Combating Burnout (Featuring Dr. Alae Kawam)
What is the difference between being really stressed and experiencing burnout?
In this essential episode, co-host Stephanie Whitehead has a timely conversation with Dr. Alae Kawam to explore burnout and its impact within laboratory medicine. Dr. Kawam is an inspiring and active advocate wellness and diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I). Tune in as Dr. Kawam offers new strategies combat burnout and find health and wellness in your workspace.
Be sure to share this episode with a fellow lab colleague!
Special Guest Bio:
Alae Kawam, DO , is a AP/CP board certified fellow in surgical pathology. She graduated from New York Institute College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2018. She completed AP/CP residency in NY. She is involved in DEI work and the wellness committee at her institution. Listeners can contact with Dr. Alae Kawam on LinkedIn or @kawama92 on Twitter
Podcast Call to Action
We would love to feature YOU!!!
Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
3. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
4. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
5. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!