Episode 47: Exploring the intersection of Laboratory Medicine and Functional Medicine (featuring RJ Holmes)
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patients in the care or the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease” – Thomas Edison (1903)
In this interesting episode, co-host Stephanie Whitehead talks with RJ Holmes about how her professional journey in laboratory medicine led to a personal passion for health and wellness through the study and practice of functional medicine.
RJ Holmes is a medical laboratory scientist who has shifted into the medical device industry and corporate medical device education. To enhance her personal health goals, RJ advanced her education in functional medicine and has used her practice within the functional medicine space to educate others on lab values as they relate to fitness and wellness.
Tune in as RJ Holmes discusses how to utilize functional medicine to enhance your personal health and fitness goals and the importance of being a advocate for yourself in healthcare.
Listeners can connect with RJ Holmes on LinkedIn or Instagram.
Check out these previous episodes for ideas and tips to explore new career options with your laboratory background:
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 76: Ways to Grow in Your Career as a Medical Lab Professional (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 54: “Stepping outside the box: Exploring Careers Opportunities for Laboratory Professionals “Off the Bench”- Grace Stankiewicz, BS, MT(ASCP) (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 31: “How to Seek Out Diverse Lab Career Opportunities”-Cedrick LaFleur (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
Be sure to post a comment and share your thoughts in our LinkedIn eLABorate Topics Group.
Podcast Call to Action
We would love to feature YOU!!!
Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
3. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
4. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
5. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!