Episode 5: “Importance of Knowledge Sharing in The Lab”
Co-Hosts Tywauna Wilson, Lona Small, and Stephanie Whitehead discuss the importance of knowledge sharing in the laboratory.
Key Takeaways from the show:
- With the shortage of Medical Laboratory Scientists, the transfer of information is critical in today’s laboratories.
- Strategies labs can use to keep the knowledge in their respective labs include:
- Retention through improved career development and engagement
- Identify and utilize knowledgeable employees
- Always understand your Knowledge Gap
- Mentoring, Coaching, and Partnering with local programs or schools
- Document Sharing
- General benefits of Knowledge Sharing:
a. Reduced cost to the organization for recruitment
b. Stream of capable staff
c. Pipeline of leaders
d. Positive work reputation
e. Positive Morale
f. Better quality
What Knowledge Sharing strategies are you doing in your laboratories?
Be a Supporter!Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, iheart radio or your favorite podcast platform
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so that you never miss a show!
Be sure to leave a comment, and share with a fellow medical laboratory professional!
Be a Guest!If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please submit the guest interest form on DirectImpactbroadcasting.com located under the contact tab.