Episode 5: Useful Tips to Survive as an Understaffed Lab
Critical staffing, under-staffed, short-staffed – it’s all the same.
And, no matter what terminology you use, most labs (especially recently) have faced this significant problem. The stress of not having enough staff to cover the needed shifts and cause anxiety for the entire laboratory.
In this episode of eLABorate Topics podcast hosts Lona Small, Tywauna Wilson, and Stephanie Whitehead had a great roundtable discussion discussion useful tips to use if your lab is understaffed.
The podcast hosts discussed:
- An overview of common reasons that laboratories are experiencing workforce shortages.
- Operational tips to provide support and find solutions for the staff working through the shortage
- Team and cultural changes to help retain staff and prevent turnover
Listen to this full episode to get detailed information on how to survive being short staffed in your laboratory.
Also, for more information check out our previous episodes related to this topic:
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 31: 10 Important benefits of creating happiness in the workplace (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 18: “The Untold Truth That Can Be Affecting Your Recruitment and Retention Efforts” (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 34: “Leaders Reducing Burnout: Empowering your Team” (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 50: “Hiring on all Cylinders”- Jim Payne and Dana Powell Baker (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 64: “Creating A Work Environment For Better Staff Retention” (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
Be a Supporter!
1. Join our community! Be sure to follow @eLABorateTopics on LinkedIn.
2. Listen on directimpactbroadcsting.com, Lab Vine or your favorite podcast platform
3. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so you never miss an episode!
4. Be sure to leave a comment, and share with a fellow medical laboratory professionals!
Be a Guest!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Direct Impact Broadcasting on Social Media.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!