Episode 61: “Diversity In The Lab”
Is your laboratory team diverse, both in common proxies (gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc) and some of the less common proxies (education level, certification level, region of the county someone grew up in, social/economic class or even background)? By definition, diversity is recognizing each individual as the unique combination of experiences and perspectives that they represent creating a culture that allows each individual to contribute to their fullest potential. Today the co-hosts expand on this and discuss the need for active attention to diversity in the lab.
- Diversity in thinking is the new frontier
- Importance of being aware of diversity and inclusion in your workplace
- Giving intentional focus to diversity
- Best practices to make a meaningful impact in your laboratory
Call to Action:
How are you helping make your laboratory team more diverse? Any best practices you have discovered? Drop in the the comments or let us know on LinkedIn: eLABorate Topics Group
Be a Supporter!
- Listen on Directimpactbroadcasting, Spotify, Apple Podcast or your favorite podcast platform.
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Please share with a friend, colleague, or family member!!
Be a Guest! If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us at email@example.com or connect with us on Direct Impact Broadcasting through Social Media.