Episode 66: “Setting a Clear Vision For Your Medical Laboratory”
Lona went in more details to include how a lab leader can put together a clear vision for their lab. This included more information than was in the vision section of Lona’s, 5-day challenge course, “From Technical expert to an Impactful leader”.
Lona included the approach in Cameron Heron’s book “Vivid Vision”, where he suggested several pages for a vision, and not just a sentence.
Lona included steps
1. Find an environment that is relaxing and away from the work environment with a writing pad
2. Imagine the lab you would love to have in the next 3 years
3. Brain dump all the ideas that come to you by writing on the writing pad
4. Rewrite ideas in sentence form ( 2-4 pages)
5. Share with your managers and ask them to identify any gaps
6. Write this out in a refined form and in present tense
7. Prepare in a form to be shared with all members of the team and to be used for goal setting.
Listen to the full episode to find out the details on coming up with a clear vision, the benefits, and the mistakes that people make about setting a clear vision.
You can also receive the 5 day challenge course “From Technical Expert to Impactful Leader” for free here. https://www.lonasmall.com/offers/x6PTsSey
You can reach Lona Small directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this subject or you want to contact her regarding LabOPEX coaching and training. You can also catch Lona on LinkedIn under Lona Gordon Small and follow hashtag #YouAreAnEqualPartOfTheWhole.
Drop a comment or connect with us on LinkedIn – eLABorate Topics Group!
Be a Supporter!
- Listen on Directimpactbroadcasting, Spotify, Apple Podcast or your favorite podcast platform.
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Please share with a friend, colleague, or family member!!
Do you have a message to share?
Be a Guest on the Podcast!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us at email@example.com or Direct Impact Broadcasting on Social Media.