Episode 69: Importance of Being A Role Model As a Medical Laboratory Leader
In this episode Lona Small discusses the benefits of being a role model as a Lab operational excellence leader.
Lona discusses the work environment where there is a lot of gossiping, tattle-tailing, drama, call-outs and resisting change, and the effect of a role model in such an environment. Lona shows that a leader can change and create the team culture by being a role model. Lona includes 5 steps that are important to being a role model.
- Check yourself as a Leader
- Watch your attitude
- Watch the behavior you encourage
- Be willing to Walk The Walk
- Celebrate the behaviors you want to see in your team
Listen to the full episode to find out the details of being a role model as a medical lab operational excellence leader, and more details on the 5 steps that are important to being a role model.
You can watch the video episode “Building an Effective Recognition System” on YouTube
You can reach Lona Small directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this subject or you want to contact her regarding LabOPEX coaching and training. You can also catch Lona on LinkedIn under Lona Gordon Small and follow hashtag #YouAreAnEqualPartOfTheWhole.
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share with a fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!