Episode 7: Building a Strong Foundation- Developing Managers From Within
Effective management is crucial for the success of any organization, but it’s not enough to simply hire experienced managers from outside the organization. Developing new managers from within is a worthwhile investment of time and resources that can ensure the organization has a pool of talented managers who can lead the organization to success.
In this episode, co-host, Tywauna Wilson, discusses four key strategies for developing new managers from within the organization, including defining roles and competencies, creating a management track, identifying candidates early, and creating a managers toolbox.
- Does your organization have clearly defined roles and competencies for management positions? How can this be improved?
- What tools and resources does your organization provide to new managers to help them succeed in their roles? Are there any additional resources that could be helpful in developing new managers?
If you would like more tips on developing new managers, check out my book, Rise Up: The Blueprint For Manager Success, where I and a few of my favorite leadership coaches give more insight on the topic.
We would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or any of the episodes from this season: Video Review
Connect with Coach Tee Wilson
To connect with Tywauna for more on this and other leadership and personal development topics, visit: TywaunaWilson.com or connect with her on LinkedIn for the invitation to join the Trendy Elite Leadership Tidbits Community, where you can learn, grow and develop in the area of leadership, career, and personal development.
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
- Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!