Episode 72: Leading Without A Title
In this episode of eLABorate Topics podcast, cohosts Lona Small, Stephanie Whitehead and Tywauna Wilson discuss how you can lead without a title.
All of the cohosts agreed that a leader is not necessarily one with a title of manager, supervisor, lead technologist or other well- known titles in the lab. A leader is one who can be a role model and influence others to follow them or their ideas.
One can use different ways to lead, such as:
· Coming up with new ideas and being innovative to solve issues such as improved workflow
· Volunteer to lead projects such as validating a new instrument or being a super user on and LIS project
· Supporting the team by being a great team player
· Train others on the team
· Support the role- base leader by reducing their work load
· Taking responsibility for outcomes from any action or error
There are many benefits involved in being a leader without a title:
· Being able to allow your team to shine without having the pressure to do so
· Opportunities to prepare for promotion into a role-based leader
· Enjoying the positive outcome that comes with your innovations and support
· Getting a chance to lead teams
· Enjoying a stronger team of more leaders leading without a title
Listen to this full episode of eLABorate Topics podcast to get more details on ways lead without a title.
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share with a fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!