Episode 8: “Thank you for being a Friend”-The Importance of Work Friends
Everyone needs a good set of friends to lean on from time to time – but should you find those bonds with people you work with? Don’t underestimate the power of your relationships at work! A work “spouse” or “BFF” could be the key to your success in the workplace. Employees that have friends at work are thought to be more productive, engaged and motivated.
In this episode, Stephanie and Kristine break down why you should seek out having productive friendships at work. You’re sure to be entertained and while getting some great advice!
Kristine I. Talamante MSN, RN works in healthcare leadership for a large hospital. Kristine is a strong advocate in Self-care, team morale and ensuring that staff feels safe. She has focused her passion on working with healthcare professionals and teams about compassion fatigue and burnout, moral distress, and most recently, Trauma Informed Care. Kristine feels strongly about Safety, Risk Management and identifying potential risks that can cause loss or harm to the institution. Listeners can reach out to Kristine on Instagram @Kristine_talamante_rn.
For a deeper dive into other conversations featuring Kristine, re-visit these previous conversations of the eLABorate Topics podcast!
· Episode 11, “When Compassion Hurts; Hope for the 2nd Victim”
· Episode 16, “The Power in Being an Essential Worker”
· Episode 39, “2021! Reflect and Restart your Career!”
· Episode 47, “Drive Thru HR! Case Studies for Workplace Scenarios”
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
3. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
4. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
5. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!