Episode 18: “The Untold Truth That Can Be Affecting Your Recruitment and Retention Efforts”
Staffing shortages are at an all-time high and you want to recruit and retain the next generation of leaders but are struggling with diversity among your team. You don’t think it is pay and you are getting applicants, but for some reason, there is still a disconnect.
Unconscious biases affect a company or business on every level and can affect some of the most important decisions made. From hiring to firing, benefits, and promotions; unconscious biases are ever-present in business. These biases can cause extremely negative effects in the workplace, such as lack of creativity, lack of diversity, and lack of growth. While not always easy to recognize or discuss, it is absolutely critical to survive and thrive in today’s rapidly changing workplace.
In today’s episode, Tywauna Wilson shares how unconscious bias could be preventing you from recruiting and retaining talented employees.
Tips for Avoiding Unconscious Bias in Recruitment
- Start with data
- Evaluate message and source
- Standardize application process
- Define clear criteria
- Audit hiring practices
- Implement de-identified hiring techniques
Tips for Avoiding Unconscious Bias in Retention
- Survey employees
- Increase awareness
- Structure reviews and promotions
- Monitor pay scales
- What strategies is your organization deploying to decrease unconscious bias in its recruitment and retention efforts?
Call to Action
WE would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Connect with Coach Tee Wilson
To connect with Tywauna for more on this and other leadership and personal development topics visit: TywaunaWilson.com or connect with her on LinkedIn for the invitation to join the Trendy Elite Leadership Tidbits Community where you can learn grow and develop in the area of leadership and personal development.
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
- Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!