Episode 23: “Is Your Need for Perfection Holding You Back”
When you hear the word perfectionist, do you think I am talking about you? Today, Tywauna ‘Coach Tee’ Wilson will take you through questions that will help you determine if maybe you have some perfectionist qualities. If you find yourself answering yes to an uncomfortable amount of these questions, you’re not alone. The key thing to remember is this: There is no day like today to make a change. With this in mind, it’s time to embrace imperfection. Let go of the old ways and accept the freedom to be found in being “good enough.”
Questions to ask yourself to find out if you’re a perfectionist:
1. Do you find yourself picking out the flaws in what you or other people are trying to accomplish?
2. Do you set goals that are impossible to attain?
3. Do you put off tasks, especially ones where you feel unsure of yourself?
4. Is it really hard to accept a compliment?
5. Do you bring up others’ mistakes frequently, or worse, beat yourself up for your own mistakes long after the mistake even happened?
6. Do you find yourself worrying about what other people think, especially in regards to their approval?
You have to listen to the full episode to get the other questions! They’re GOOD!!
Call to Action
Did any of the questions resonate with you? Is being a perfectionist keeping you from going after your dreams?
Be a Supporter!Listen on Directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast or your favorite podcast platform. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so you never miss an episode! Most importantly, please share with a friend, colleague, and family member!!
To connect with Tywauna ‘Coach Tee Wilson’ for more strategies or join the monthly leadership roundtable, find her on LinkedIn at Tywauna Wilson, visit SomeLeadersWearLabCoats.com, or join the Tidbits w/Coach Tee Wilson Facebook group.
Could you benefit from ongoing mentoring? Check out the StandOut Leader Academy