Episode 11: “Medical Lab Professionals Connecting Through Virtual Communities”
Do you feel like the pandemic has brought havoc to your social networks, connections, and professional relationships?
In this episode, Lona Small discussed the challenges of the pandemic with social connections. She discussed the opportunities that came out of these challenges to create new ways and discover existing ways we can connect.
Lona also discussed examples of how people are using these new tools and finding it more convenient and effective to connect.
Lona discussed Virtual communities as a tool to connect, learn grow and support each other.
Guidelines mentioned for an effective Virtual community include:
· Have fun
· Set community guidelines
· Set a goal for the community
· Allow individuals to set their goals for the community
· Build in accountability
· Have individuals with a diversity of experiences and knowledge
· Have shared connection, purpose, and sense of belonging.
Lona went into detail to include the benefits of being part of a virtual community.
Listen to the full episode to find out the details on how you can connect and grow through Virtual Communities.
Call to Action
Chat with Lona at https://calendly.com/lonasmall/next-level-role
to learn how to become part of the LabOPEX next Level community
You can reach Lona Small directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this subject or you want to contact her regarding LabOPEX coaching and training. You can also catch Lona on LinkedIn under Lona Gordon Small and follow hashtag #YouAreAnEqualPartOfTheWhole.
We would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
3. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
4. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
5. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!