Episode 22: “3 Pillars For Navigating Your Laboratory Career”-Trishana Osbourne
“It’s more than just having a degree….It’s having the right strategy to help you position yourself in your career”.
In this episode, Co-Host Tywauna Wilson, sits down with Trishana Osbourne to discuss her journey as a first-generational college student selecting a career in medical laboratory science. Trishana knew she wanted to impact patient care but she didn’t want to directly work with patients. With her reserved personality, she found laboratory science a great fit. While working in laboratories in Jamaica, she began to get burnt out until she began to receive mentorship. She also began to surround herself with a community of other like-minded professionals who offered additional support. This changed the trajectory of her career and set her on a mission to help others find their confidence and freedom.
Key Topics Shared in this episode:
- The need for mentorship and career coaching for medical laboratory professionals
- Finding the right career that matches both your skills and passion
- Following the three key pillars of success:
- Self Trust
- Finding The Right Space
Special Guest Bio:
Trishana Osbourne is a Medical Laboratory Scientist and career coach focused on helping lab professionals fully elevate their careers by using their prior experience and leveraging their current skills without going back to school to get another degree. She grew up in a single-parent household in Jamaica where there was a strong emphasis on education. Being the first member of her family to go to university, she didn’t have an example to guide her career decisions. In most of her early 20s, she faced a lot of challenges in confidently speaking up at work & asking for fair wages. This whole ordeal led her to be underpaid and undervalued in roles looking to get out of the industry she came to love and enjoy. Along the way, Trishana discovered tools and resources that helped her to clearly articulate her expertise which she uses to help others navigate their path.
Call to Action
WE would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
- Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!