Episode 29: Rediscover Your Fire: Strategies for Passionate, Purposeful Leadership in the Lab
In this episode of eLABorate Topics podcast Lona Small provides strategies for lab leaders to rediscover their passion and purpose. Lona shares a 7-step roadmap to help reignite the fire and drive change through purposeful leadership.
1. Uncover Your Calling: Identify your unique purpose and passion within the field of lab medicine. Find the niche that ignites your passion and allows you to make a difference.
2. Clarify the Destination: Envision the impact you want to create and the benefits it will bring. Get clear and excited about the change you will spearhead.
3. Become Fully Immersed: Remove distractions and become 100% focused on your purpose. Surround yourself with learning, mentors, conferences etc. to become a true master of your niche.
4. Rally Your Team: Communicate your inspirational vision and get your team excited about it. Encourage ideas from them to unite everyone in purpose.
5. Execute the Plan: Involve your team in setting goals, timelines, metrics etc. Stay focused on the end goal while celebrating small wins along the way.
6. Celebrate the Wins: Recognize and reward your team’s achievements. Analyze the impacts created to further motivate everyone.
7. Expand Your Influence: Broaden your impact by sharing your niche expertise through publishing, speaking, training etc. Pursue lifelong growth and leave a legacy.
Key messages: Let your unique purpose and passion fuel your leadership. Create a vivid vision, fully commit, engage your team, persist through obstacles, and share your niche expertise to drive change. Rediscover your fire and create the impact you were meant to.
Call to Action
You can reach Lona Small directly at email@example.com
You can also catch Lona on LinkedIn under Lona Gordon Small and follow hashtag #YouAreAnEqualPartOfTheWhole.
We would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Become a member of LabVine at labvinelearning.com and listen to eLABorate Topics podcast on VineStream
3. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
4. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
5. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
6. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!