Episode 30: “Deal or No Deal? The Power of the Right Negotiation Skills”
“Negotiation is not an act of battle; it’s a process of discovery. The goal is to uncover as much information as possible.”- Chris Voss
We hear the word negotiation and typically think of the salary offer for a new job or a raise at work. While these are types of negotiations, these aren’t the only ones. Believe it or not, we negotiate every day, usually 7-10 times per day. Negotiation in its purest form is the act of coming to an agreement on a topic that’s important to all parties involved #collaboration. It’s coming up with a win-win for all. Negotiation skills help up in many ways including improving our relationships, saving money, resolving conflict, building a business, and getting ahead in our careers.
“Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate” ― John Fitzgerald Kennedy
In today’s episode, Tywauna Wilson will share tips on developing the skills to be a successful negotiator to win in any situation.
Key Negotiation Skills Every Laboratorian Needs To Win In Life and Business:
- Prepare to win
- Problem analysis and solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Active listening
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Keeping your emotions in check
- Which of these do I have the most strength?
- How or who can help me actively develop these power skills ie courses, books, podcasts, mentors, etc?
Call to Action
WE would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Connect with Coach Tee Wilson
To connect with Tywauna for more on this and other leadership and personal development topics visit: TywaunaWilson.com or connect with her on LinkedIn for the invitation to join the Trendy Elite Leadership Tidbits Community where you can learn grow and develop in the area of leadership and personal development.
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
- Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!