Episode 33: Big Tech Invading the Lab – Collaborate or Isolate? The Choice for Clinical Labs’ Future
-In this episode of eLABorate Topics podcast Lona Small discusses how tech companies like Amazon are expanding into healthcare and clinical labs. There are concerns that these companies don’t understand the complex regulations and expertise needed to properly run clinical labs.
– However, there are also opportunities for collaboration between traditional clinical labs and tech companies. Clinical labs have deep expertise that can complement the technology, workflow, and delivery expertise of companies like Amazon.
– Collaboration is like a multiplier – it exponentially builds on combined expertise, generates innovative solutions, demonstrates and amplifies value, and allows for growth through learning.
– Listen to the full episode to see examples of collaboration within labs, across healthcare disciplines like nursing and physicians, and outside of healthcare like with blood drives. Benefits include improving processes, reducing errors, and gaining influence.
– Clinical labs should embrace collaboration, both internally and with outside parties like tech companies, to demonstrate their value, gain influence, and make an impact in improving healthcare. Isolation in silos is limited, but collaboration taps into diverse expertise for solutions.
Call to Action
You can reach Lona Small directly at email@example.com
You can also catch Lona on LinkedIn under Lona Gordon Small and follow hashtag #YouAreAnEqualPartOfTheWhole.
We would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Become a member of LabVine at labvinelearning.com and listen to eLABorate Topics podcast on VineStream
3. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
4. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
5. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
6. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!