Episode 40: Finding Your Voice: Strategies to Own Your Own Narrative
In today’s episode, we’re diving into the importance of owning your own narrative and speaking up for yourself. Co-host, Tywauna Wilson shares practical strategies and tips to help you assert yourself with grace and confidence. This episode was inspired by a question sparked during a recent emerging leaders panel discussion, that asked… “What advice would you give your younger self ?” It became clear that speaking up for ourselves is a fundamental skill that many struggle with. This episode will cover the reasons behind this struggle and how we can overcome them.
Here are a few of the strategies to help you own your own narrative with grace and assertiveness but you have to listen to the whole episode to get all of them 🎙️
- Understand your worth: Believe in your unique value and let it empower you.
- Identify your needs and desires: Reflect on what truly matters to you.
- Develop assertive skills: Learn to express yourself while respecting others.
- Choose the right moment: Timing is crucial when speaking up.
- Use clear and concise language: Communicate your thoughts effectively.
Having the confidence to assert yourself is crucial for your personal growth and for a healthy communication.
Don’t let others create your narrative – take control and own it. Let’s dive in and start speaking up!
EPISODE 10: ELEVATE YOUR CAREER: THE DO’S AND DON’TS TO PITCHING YOURSELF
Join Team #eLABorate and connect with us!
Podcast Call to Action
We would love to feature YOU!!!
Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
3. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
4. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
5. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please contact us by completing the guest interest form or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.