Episode 45: Getting the Most Out of Your Multigenerational Team in the Medical Laboratory
To successfully manage a multigenerational team is to understand the needs and motivations of each generation. Baby Boomers, for example, are motivated by challenges and opportunities to learn and grow. On the other hand, Millennials are motivated by a desire for work-life balance and a need for constant feedback. Once you understand the needs of each generation, you can begin to create a cohesive team that leverages the strengths of each generation.
As a medical laboratory leader, connecting with anyone from any generation will require three key qualities: Humility, Respect, and Curiosity.
Tune in to the full episode to gain tips on communicating, motivating, and providing development opportunities for all your team members.
Tips Any Lab Leader Can Follow to Create A Cohesive Multigeneration Team
- Understand the different needs and expectations of each generation
- Bridge the generation gap
- Encourage open communication
- Respect different work styles and preferences
- Be flexible in your management
- Offer training and development opportunities
- Create a positive and supportive work environment
In this episode, co-host, Tywauna Wilson, gives 7 practical tips that new leaders can quickly implement to create a cohesive and productive team.
We would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or any of the episodes from this season: Video Review
Connect with Coach Tee Wilson
To connect with Tywauna for more on this and other leadership and personal development topics, visit: TywaunaWilson.com or connect with her on LinkedIn for the invitation to join the Trendy Elite Leadership Tidbits Community, where you can learn, grow and develop in the area of leadership, career, and personal development.
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
- Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
- Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
- Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
- Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!