Episode 6: The Effects of not focusing on the team you already have.
There is a lot of discussions about attracting new medical lab professionals to the field, but what can we do to keep the ones we already have?
In today’s episode of eLABorate Topics podcast, we are going to discuss the effects of not focusing on our current team members.
Lona discussed the many ways it is costing your lab if you do not get out of crisis mode of just hiring and not focus on your current team.
Lona discussed in details ways it is costing your lab.
1. Financial cost
2. Decrease productivity
3. Increase Turnaround Times
4. Reduce lab reputation
5. Lack of attention to important ”low priority” activities
6. Increase team conflicts
7. Burn out
8. Increase Errors
9. Reduce staff engagement
Lona discussed ways to mitigate these costs and focus on the current team.
Listen to the full episode to find out the details on why it is important to get out of crisis mode of just hiring and focus on the current team we have.
Call to Action
You can reach Lona Small directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this subject or you want to contact her regarding LabOPEX coaching and training. You can also catch Lona on LinkedIn under Lona Gordon Small and follow hashtag #YouAreAnEqualPartOfTheWhole.
We would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Become a member of LabVine at labvinelearning.com and listen to eLABorate Topics podcast on VineStream
3. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
4. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
5. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
6. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!