Episode 77: Traits of a Medical Lab Operational Excellence Leader
Have you ever wondered how some leaders seem to have it together? They have such confidence, professional presence and they’re respected by their team. “How can I get to be that type of leader?”
In this episode Lona Small gave 10 Traits of a Lab Operational Excellence Leader and discuss how you can be such a leader.
1. Have a Clear Vision of who you want to be
a. For yourself
b. Your Team
c. Your Environment
2. Align Action with your Core Value
a. What is important to you
b. Do not compromise your core value
3. Network and Exchange ideas
a. Lunch and Learn etc.
4. Collaborate and Contribute Expertise
a. Join committee etc.
5. Operate at your highest levels using your unique skill set
a. Know Core Role
b. Call to know Core Role
6. Innovative and be Flexible
a. Adjust to changes in the environment
7. Share Knowledge
a. Build competency and capacity in team
8. Push against the status quo
9. Advocate and Bring Visibility to the profession
10. Role Model
Listen to this full episode of eLABorate Topics podcast to get more details on ways lead without a title.
You can reach Lona Small directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to contact her regarding lab operational excellence coaching and training. You can also catch her on LinkedIn under Lona Gordon Small and follow hashtag #YouAreAnImportantPartOfTheWhole.
Sign up for free “Know your Core Role” Zoom call
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast or your favorite podcast platform
2. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so you never miss an episode!
3. Be sure to leave a comment, and share with a fellow medical laboratory professionals!
4. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!