Episode 9: How the “hyper-achiever” could lead to burn-out in medical lab leaders
Who will help the lab leaders who are burnt out?
Are we only focused on just a few of the challenges and are ignoring what could become a bigger problem?
In this episode of eLABorate Topics podcast Lona Small talks about how the “hyper-achiever” could lead to burn-out in medical lab leaders.
Lona explained hyper-achiever as a saboteur, referencing Shirzad Chamine and his research and New York Times bestselling book Positive Intelligence.
Lona went into ways the hyper-achiever lies to individuals and creates stress and overwhelm.
Lona discussed 3 ways lab leaders who are hijacked by the hyper-achiever can weaken this saboteur and reduce the stress and overwhelm
1. Connect to self through introspection and use of PQ reps
2. Disconnect from the outcomes
3. Develop a habit of more frequent mental fitness breaks and introspection
Lona discussed the above steps in details and demonstrated the PQ reps.
Listen to the full episode to find out the details on How “the hyper-achiever” could lead to burn-out in medical lab leaders “
Call to Action
You can reach Lona Small directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this subject or you want to contact her regarding free Mental Fitness assessment or LabOPEX coaching and training. You can also catch Lona on LinkedIn under Lona Gordon Small and follow hashtag #YouAreAnEqualPartOfTheWhole.
We would love to feature YOU!!! Share your favorite takeaway from today’s episode or anyone from this season: Video Review
Be an eLABorate Supporter!
1. Listen on directimpactbroadcasting.com, Spotify, Apple Podcast, or your favorite podcast platform
2. Become a member of LabVine at labvinelearning.com and listen to eLABorate Topics podcast on VineStream
3. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet, or notebook so you never miss an episode!
4. Be sure to leave a comment, and share it with fellow medical laboratory professionals!
5. Join our eLABorate Topics Group on LinkedIn
6. Leave us a Video Review and we will feature you on our Social Media: Video Review
Be a Guest on our show!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us by completing the guest interest form or send us an e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!